Tanya Rowe Scholarship
About the Scholarship
In 2018, WSPRA established an annual scholarship to honor the memory of our friend and colleague, Tanya Rowe. Tanya served as Executive Director of Communications in Bellingham Public Schools until she died unexpectedly in November 2017.
The scholarship will be given annually to a WSPRA member who demonstrates qualities exemplified by Tanya:
- Commitment to equity in public education
- Courage in the face of personal and professional challenges
- Professional integrity and high expectations of self and others, while maintaining positive relationships
Any WSPRA member is eligible. To apply, please submit:
- A one-page letter explaining how attendance at the NSPRA National Seminar will benefit your professional success and support your growth as a leader who exemplifies the qualities named above.
- A letter of recommendation from your superintendent, supervisor or colleague.
Past Award Recipients
2017 – 2018 Susan Gifford, Olympia