Tanya Rowe Scholarship
About the Scholarship
In 2018, WSPRA established an annual scholarship to honor the memory of our friend and colleague, Tanya Rowe. Tanya served as Executive Director of Communications in Bellingham Public Schools until she died unexpectedly in November 2017.
The scholarship will be given annually to a WSPRA member who demonstrates qualities exemplified by Tanya:
- Commitment to equity in public education
- Courage in the face of personal and professional challenges
- Professional integrity and high expectations of self and others, while maintaining positive relationships
The 2019 scholarship provides $2,500 toward attendance at the NSPRA National Seminar, July 14-17 in Washington, D.C.
Any WSPRA member is eligible. To apply, please submit:
- A one-page letter explaining how attendance at the NSPRA National Seminar will benefit your professional success and support your growth as a leader who exemplifies the qualities named above.
- A letter of recommendation from your superintendent, supervisor or colleague.
Email your application to WSPRA Past President David Beil by April 12 at 5:00 p.m.
Why attend the NSPRA National Seminar? This is your opportunity to network with colleagues from across the country, share ideas, and learn from the nation's top school communications professionals.
Past Award Recipients
2017 – 2018 Susan Gifford, Olympia